A great choice for my first ride of 2022. 15 miles around the shoreline of beautiful Old Saybrook.
Started at the Old Saybrook train station, went through the lovely town and rode along the shore.
- North Main Street to Main Street
- Left on North Cove Road
- Right onto Cromwell Place
- Continue onto Fenwick Street
- Continue onto Cove Street
- Continue onto Bridge Street
- Turn left onto Nibang Avenue
- Turn right onto Fenwick Avenue
- Took some detours and pictures in the borough of Fenwick which is the prior neighborhood of Katherine Hepburn.
- Continued along shore to Harvey’s Beach
Going through Fenwick in Old Saybrook on a bike allows you to see areas otherwise unavailable by car. I always wanted to see the lighthouse closer up.
Refer to interesting history about the Maggie P
It was a great day and a great ride. Highly recommend touring Old Saybrook by bike. I stopped for a bite for lunch at Tea Kettle which was delicious.
I had a soup and half a tuna melt. Additionally the coffee was great. I find that so rare in restaurants. So good food and good coffee!
I found this to be the perfect use of an early spring 70 degree day.